There are many ways to support charitable organizations - the most flexible and impactful is to make a donation to an area identified by the charity as "in need".
At PRC, investing in our children provides them with invaluable tools that can change the course of their lives and the communities in which they live. We are a charity focused on children and the families who love them. Our charity registration # is 119076487 RR0001.
There are three different types of donations you can make with PRC:
- A general donation to an area of your choice;
- A monthly donation to an area of your choice; and
- in-kind donations of articles and playthings that help supply some basics when our families are in need
One hundred percent of donations to the Parent Resource Centre are used to support children and families directly through front line service delivery, strengthening and expanding our programs in order to positively influence as many lives as possible.
It is easy to make a donation to the Parent Resource Centre to help us change lives! Your donation today has a direct impact on children and families.
Choose the method of donation that is right for you.
- You can donate via Canada Helps
- You can call us directly at 613-565-2467 and we would be happy to take your donation over the phone.
- You can send us a cheque made payable to the Parent Resource Centre (Contact Us).
Don't forget to tell us how would you like us to direct your donation:
- Children’s art classes (Little Picasso’s)
- PRC baby cupboard (formula, diapers, wipes)
- Indoor and outdoor play spaces (health & safety)
- In-Home parenting support (household & safety)
- Parent support phone line (extended hours/reach)
- Please use my donation where it is most needed
- Toy library (specialized toys)
We are also happy to accept other directed donations, and can work with you to identify additional services offered by PRC that are in-line with your values.
Want to give but not all at one time?
Monthly giving is a scheduled financial donation given one time per month – without the crunch of giving all at once.
You can schedule your donation for the same day every month through Canada Helps – and all your tax receipts will be electronically available in one convenient location.
I have new items to give…
PRC is very grateful for in-kind contributions from individuals, businesses and service groups which help offset our program costs and add more value to the experiences we offer our children and families.
Being able to help supply some basics when our families are in need, makes it much easier for them to fully participate in our programming. If you have an item or service that you would like to offer PRC please email email@example.com
- Emergency baby cupboard (formula, diapers, wipes)
- Toys for ages 0-10 years (new and gently used)
- In-home parenting support (household & safety)
- Household items – dishes, towels, hangers, laundry detergent & baskets, garbage bins
- Cleaning Supplies
- Children’s new or gently used clothing (0-6 years)
- Children’s Books
- Personal Care Items - shampoo, body wash, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, soap
Kindly note our guidelines for in-kind donations:
- Personal hygiene items should be new and in the original packaging.
- Items should be new or gently used and clean.
- All stuffed toys must be new with tags.
- Gifts must not be wrapped.
If you have specific questions about tax implications, kindly contact your tax advisor.
Additionally, kindly note the following clarifications:
- Gifts in-kind are also known as non-cash gifts. Please refer to the CRA website for more detailed information: Pamphlet P113, Gifts and Income Tax
- If we issue a receipt for an in kind donation/gift, it must be for the lesser of its fair market value and its cost to the donor immediately before the gift was made. The PRC retains the right to determine the final value of the receipt amount.
- S7-F1-C1, Split-receipting and Deemed Fair Market Value.
- A contribution of service, that is, of time, skills or efforts, is not property and, therefore, does not qualify as a gift or gift in kind for purposes of issuing official donation receipts.
Please see the PRC commitment to you.