Are you looking for a rewarding volunteer position with a progressive organization positioning itself for change?
Our not-for-profit children’s charity, has an exciting opportunity for 2 new members to join our Board of Directors and help shape the future of the Parent Resource Centre (PRC). We are seeking enthusiastic and innovative community members who have 2 to 3 years of previous Board experience. If you are a strategic thinker, excel at building and maintaining relationships, and have an entrepreneurial spirit, then this opportunity is for you!
With a small staff team of approximately 15 people, we offer a variety of services in 3 main programs, serving children, parents and caregivers, and professionals who work with children. Our focus is early learning, parent support, training, research, and building community capacity within the early year’s sector.
PRC’s Board Members serve a two-year term and are eligible for re-appointment for a maximum of 6 consecutive years. Board meetings and committee meetings are held monthly.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Personal qualities of integrity, strong business acumen, and a passion for improving the lives of children and families
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, child & youth sector, government, philanthropy, or the not-for-profit sector
- A natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Representing PRC to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Reviewing and/or approving PRC’s policies, funding agreements, annual budget, audit reports; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Serving on one or more committees (finance, communications & fundraising, and board policy & development), and taking on special assignments
If you are eager to share your knowledge, experience, and expertise in order to help support Ottawa families, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2019. Thank you for your interest in joining PRC's Board of Directors. Please note: only those selected for an interview will be contacted.