Position for Volunteer Member of the Board of Directors
Are you looking for a rewarding volunteer position with a progressive organization that helps children, youth and families?
Our non-profit, children’s charity, has an exciting opportunity for 2 new members to join the Board of Directors and help shape the future of PRC. With a staff team of approximately 12, the Parent Resource Centre (PRC) helps build confident, resilient families. We provide engaging high-quality programs, a wide variety of social services and supportive resources for children, youth, parents and caregivers.
Our hope is that you have previous board experience, however, we will certainly consider your application, if you have a combination of skills and qualities that fit with the culture of our organization and the existing skill set of our Board. Sitting board members are happy to mentor and support new members to learn about their role. If you excel at building and maintaining relationships, work well in a group setting and have a passion for supporting families, this opportunity is for you!
PRC’s Board members will serve a two-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for a maximum of six consecutive years. Both board meetings and committee meetings meet monthly.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Personal qualities of integrity, strong business acumen and a passion for improving the lives of children, youth and families
- Professional experience with leadership accomplishments in business, child & youth sector, government, philanthropy, or the non-profit sector
- A natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Interest in acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Reviewing and approving PRC’s policies, funding agreements, annual budget, audit reports; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Serving on one or more committees (finance, communications & fundraising and board policy & development) and taking on special assignments
If you are eager to share your knowledge, experience and expertise to assist in supporting Ottawa families, please email email@example.com by January 31, 2020.
Thank you for your interest in applying to join the Board of Directors and please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about PRC or the Board of Directors, please contact the Executive Director, Deborah Lehmann at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit PRC’s website at www.parentresource.ca