Are you looking for a rewarding volunteer position with a progressive organization positioning itself for change? Consider working with us!
Our non-profit, children’s charity, has an exciting opportunity for two new members to join the Board of Directors and help shape the future of PRC. We are seeking enthusiastic and innovative community members to join the Board of Directors who have 2 to 3 years of previous board experience. If you are a strategic thinker, excel at building and maintaining relationships and have an entrepreneurial spirit, this opportunity is for you!
With a staff team of approximately 15 people, we offer a variety of services in three main programs, and serve children, parents, caregivers and professionals who work with children. Our focus is early learning, parent support, training, research and building community capacity within the early year’s sector.
PRC’s Board Members will serve a two-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for a maximum of six consecutive years. Both board meetings and committee meetings occur monthly.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Personal qualities of integrity, strong business acumen and a passion for improving the lives of children and families
• Extensive professional experience with executive leadership accomplishments in business, child & youth sector, government, philanthropy, or the non-profit sector is considered an asset
• A natural affinity for cultivating relationships, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Representing PRC to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
• Reviewing and/or approving PRC’s policies, funding agreements, annual budget, audit reports; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
• Serving on one or more committees (finance, communications & fundraising and board policy
& development) and taking on special assignments
If you are eager to share your knowledge, experience and expertise to assist in supporting Ottawa families, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2019. Thank you for your interest in applying to join the Board of Directors and please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about PRC or the Board of Directors, please contact the Executive Director, Deborah Lehmann at email@example.com or visit PRC’s website at www.parentresource.ca