Are you looking for a rewarding volunteer position with a progressive organization positioning itself for change? Consider working with us!
Our not-for-profit children’s charity is looking for new members to join our Board of Directors and help shape the future of PRC. We are seeking enthusiastic and innovative community members who have 2 to 3 years of previous Board experience. If you are a strategic thinker, excel at building and maintaining relationships, and have an entrepreneurial spirit, this opportunity is for you!
With a team of approximately 15 staff, we offer a variety of services in three main programs, and serve children, parents, caregivers, and professionals who work with children. Our focus is early learning, parent support, training, research, and building community capacity within the early years’ sector.
PRC’s Board Members serve a two-year term and are eligible for re-appointment for a maximum of six consecutive years. Board and committee meetings are held monthly.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Personal qualities of integrity, strong business acumen, and a passion for improving the lives of children and families
- Extensive professional experience with executive leadership accomplishments in business, child & youth sector, government, philanthropy, or the not-for-profit sector is considered an asset
- A natural affinity for cultivating relationships, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Representing PRC to stakeholders, and acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Reviewing and/or approving PRC’s policies, funding agreements, annual budget, audit reports and remaining informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Serving on one or more committees (finance, communications & fundraising, or Board policy & development), and taking on special assignments
If you are eager to share your knowledge, experience, and expertise to assist in supporting Ottawa families, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Parent Resource Centre Board of Directors. Please note: only those selected for an interview will be contacted.