The Parent Resource Centre offers the Circle of Security® Parenting™ program both in Group
Sessions at the Centre and In-home. This program helps caregivers find ways to enhance secure
attachment between themselves and their child(ren).
The Circle of Security® Parenting™ program is based on decades of research about how secure
parent-child relationships can be supported and strengthened.
Using the COSP™ model Parent Resource Centre facilitators work with parents and caregivers
to help them to:
- Understand their child’s emotional world by learning to read emotional needs
- Support their child’s ability to successfully manage emotions
- Enhance the development of their child’s self esteem
- Honor the innate wisdom and desire for their child to be secure
During the program, caregivers will have the opportunity to:
- Explore the path to secure attachment
- Explore the concept that behaviour is a form of communication.
- Explore the specific needs that children have when they are exploring and when they need
- Explore the concept of being Bigger, Stronger, Wiser and Kind (BSWK).
- Explore the concept of being available for our children’s emotions.
- Explore the concept of “shark music”- when children’s emotions cause caregivers to feel
- Explore how relationships between caregivers and children can be repaired.
- Explore the concept of time in versus time out.
300 Goulburn Crescent, Ottawa, ON, K1N 1C9
For more information, please contact MAregbesola@parentresource.ca