Are you looking for a rewarding volunteer position with a progressive organization that helps children, youth and families?
We are a non-profit charitable organization with an exciting opportunity for two new members to join the Board of Directors and help shape the future of PRC. With a staff team of 14, the Parent Resource Centre (PRC) helps build confident, resilient families. We provide engaging high-quality programs, a wide variety of social services and supportive resources for children, youth, parents, and caregivers.
Our hope is that you have previous board experience, however, we will consider your application if you have a combination of skills and qualities that fit with our Board requirements and the culture of our organization. Sitting members are happy to mentor and support new members to learn about their role. If you excel at building and maintaining relationships, work well in a group setting and have a passion for supporting families, this opportunity is for you!
PRC’s Board members will serve a two-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for a maximum of six consecutive years. The Board of Directors meets seven times per year and committees meet regularly.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Personal qualities of integrity, strong business acumen and a passion for improving the lives of children, youth and families
- Professional experience with leadership, accomplishments in business, child & youth sector, government, philanthropy, or the non-profit sector
- A natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Interest in acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Reviewing and approving PRC’s policies, funding agreements, annual budget, audit reports; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Serving on one or more committees (finance, board policy & development and strategy) as well as and taking on special assignments as required
If you are eager to share your knowledge, experience and expertise to assist in supporting Ottawa families, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by February 4, 2022. Thank you for your interest in applying to join the Board of Directors and please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.