Meet the PRC Team
Early Learning Specialist Joanne Boyd BSc RECE has 20 + years experience in the childcare sector. Through out her career, Joanne has had the wonderful opportunity to work in daycare centres, home daycare, schools and family resource centres. In her role as Early Learning Specialist, Joanne currently develops and facilitates dynamic workshops for children, parents and professionals working with families. Joanne has completed several “Train the Trainer” courses and additional Professional development through out the years.
Here are some of the workshops and courses she has completed to date:
▪ Brain Basics – An Introduction to Acquired Brain Injury, OBIA
▪ Motivational Interviewing CMHA
▪ Solving Problems Collaboratively – The Explosive Child Workshop
▪ Non Violent Crisis Intervention
▪ FRIENDS Anxiety Prevention Program Training for Professionals Working with Children/ Youth
▪ “Off to a Healthy Start” Parenting Program – Facilitator Training
▪ “Reaching In / Reaching Out – Resilience Training” for Trainers
▪ Mind Master and Mini Mind Master “Train the Trainer”
▪ Certified Infant Massage Instructor Training
▪ “Kids Have Stress Too!” Facilitator Training
▪ First Words Preschool Speech & Language Program
▪ “Making Sense of Preschoolers” – Neufeld Institute
▪ “Infant Mental Health Certificate” – Sick Kids Hospital, Toronto
▪ “Learn Self-Regulation” – Stuart Shanker, Mehrit Center.
▪ Currently in the process of completing Self-Reg Foundations Certificate. Expected Completion date Jan 2019
Joanne has a strong interest in temperament and how stress and anxiety impact learning, behaviour and relationships. Joanne also supports families one-on-one through her private parent coaching practice and facilitates numerous parent workshops as a freelance parent educator in Ottawa at local schools, community health centres and daycare centres.
Professional Learning Leader and Early Learning Specialist