Our community cupboard was established to provide essential items in difficult times, and we are so happy to be able to help in this unprecedented crisis. Your support helps infants, children and parents with essentials to fill the gaps until other community services can help. Donations can be directed to four main areas, the baby cupboard, child cupboard, community cupboard or to front-line needs. Your generosity and kindness is what makes Ottawa strong.
There are many ways to support charities, but donations have the greatest impact!
The Parent Resource Centre is a not-for-profit charitable organization. Our focus is on children and the families who love them! Your donations help us strengthen and expand our front-line service delivery programs and resources, so that we are able to positively influence as many lives as possible. With your support, we continue to provide children and families with tools they need to help change the course of their lives in positive ways.
One hundred percent of the donations made to the Parent Resource Centre are used to support children and families directly.
And, as a registered charity, all donations made to the Parent Resource Centre (over $10) are tax deductible (charitable registration number: 119076487RR0001).
It's EASY to make a donation to the Parent Resource Centre!
Donate by phone: call us at (613) 565-2467, or toll free at (888) 565-2466.
Donate by mail: mail a cheque to 300 Goulburn Crescent, Ottawa ON K1N 1C9. (Please make cheques payable to Parent Resource Centre.)
Donate on-line (one-time OR monthly!): through our PRC Donations Page at CanadaHelps.org.
We THANK YOU for your kindness and generosity.
Types of Donations
One hundred percent of donations to the Parent Resource Centre are used to support children and families directly, and your General Donations allow PRC to direct your support to the areas where it is needed most.
You can make a one-time donation, or choose to donate monthly.
For example, you can schedule your donation for the same day every month (through our PRC Donations Page at CanadaHelps.org), and all your tax receipts will be electronically available in one convenient location.
If you would like to make a Directed Donation, PRC can work with you to identify PRC program areas that are in-line with your values/interests, and you can choose how you would like to support us. Some of our program areas include:
- Children’s art programs and supplies
- PRC Baby Cupboard (formula, diapers, wipes)
- Indoor and outdoor play spaces
- In-Home parenting support (household/safety needs)
- Parent Support Line (extended hours)
- PRC Toy and Resource libraries
PRC is very grateful for In-Kind Donations from individuals, businesses and service groups. These donations help offset our program costs and add more value to the experiences we offer our children and families.
Being able to help supply some basics when our families are in need, makes it much easier for them to fully participate in our programming. If you have an item or service that you would like to offer PRC please email email@example.com
- PRC emergency Baby Cupboard supplies (formula, diapers, wipes)
- Children's toys for ages 0-10 years (new and gently used)
- Children’s Books
- In-home parenting support (household and safety items)
- Personal Care Items - shampoo, body wash, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, soap
- Children’s new or gently used clothing (0-6 years)
- Cleaning Supplies
- Gift Cards (e.g., Giant Tiger, Loblaws, Metro, Walmart)
Please note our guidelines for In-Kind Donations:
- Personal hygiene items should be new and in the original packaging.
- Items should be new or gently used and clean.
- All stuffed toys must be new with tags.
- Gifts must not be wrapped.
Tax information for In-Kind Donations:
- Gifts in-kind are also known as non-cash gifts. Please refer to the CRA website for more detailed information: Pamphlet P113, Gifts and Income Tax
- If we issue a receipt for an in kind donation/gift, it must be for the lesser of its fair market value and its cost to the donor immediately before the gift was made. The PRC retains the right to determine the final value of the receipt amount S7-F1-C1, Split-receipting and Deemed Fair Market Value.
- A contribution of service, that is, of time, skills or efforts, is not property and, therefore, does not qualify as a gift or gift in kind for purposes of issuing official donation receipts.
- NOTE: if you have specific questions about tax implications, please contact your tax advisor.