For over 43 years the Parent Resource Centre has worked hand-in-hand with parents, caregivers and the community to encourage the best outcomes for our smallest members. We work hard to make a great first impression with our clients, community colleagues and partners.
Part of that work is making sure that the PRC is an organization that is easy to get to know – and we are proud to make available our organizational, financial and planning information, along with other documentation – so that you can make an informed decision about choosing us as your service provider, partner, colleague or charity of choice.
We are pleased to be able to communicate to you the impact of our work and acknowledge we all have a role to play when it comes to supporting our children. The PRC is very grateful that so many have chosen to work with us to ensure our children develop and discover the skills to live their best life possible.
Here are several other ways in which we demonstrate our commitment to you, our supporters:
- At the PRC, we consistently meet or exceed the provisions of the Canadian Code of Practice for Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce because we value our donors, their right to privacy and secure transaction methods.
- The PRC encourages donors to seek independent professional advice if the proposed gift is a Planned Gift and/or there is any reason to believe the proposed gift might significantly affect the donor’s financial position, taxable income, or relationship with other family members.
- The PRC prepares and issues official income tax receipts for monetary gifts and gifts-in-kind in compliance with all regulatory requirements. Tax Receipts are issued directly from our office. The minimum donation amount for tax receipting directly from our office is ten (10) dollars. Donations processed through CanadaHelps will be issued by CanadaHelps based on your selected preferences.
- The PRC does NOT accept donations for purposes that are inconsistent with the organization’s mission.
- In order to enhance governance and effectiveness, the PRC recognizes, where possible, Imagine Canada’s standards for Canada’s Charities and Nonprofits as outlined in their Standards Program.
- The PRC will THANK YOU for the support you provide to us.
- The PRC adheres to the Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Donor Bill of Rights as endorsed by Imagine Canada.
- We comply with all of the Canada Revenue Agency’s rules for maintaining our charitable registration.
- We will never sell your information to third-parties.