Would you like to volunteer with the Parent Resource Centre?
Volunteering is a great way to:
- Support a cause that is important to you
- Make an impact in your community
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Advance your career and build your contacts
- Share your expertise
- Learn new skills
The Parent Resource Centre (PRC) is governed by community volunteers with extensive personal and professional experience. Our broad range of staff and volunteer-run services support the social, physical, developmental, and emotional well-being of parents and their children. PRC volunteers are valued for their essential role in serving this vulnerable population and are supported by a small, dedicated staff. The PRC embraces a cooperative model that sees people as having both needs and gifts, and recognizes the benefits of volunteering for personal growth and a sense of purpose.
PRC volunteer opportunities and student placements occur regularly within our programs, at our events, and on our committees. If you are interested in volunteering at PRC, please fill out the Volunteer Application Form (below).
Questions? Feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Examples of volunteer roles at PRC:
- Community Engagement Volunteer – helps reach out to the community to inform the public about the work we do.
- Events Volunteer – assists with fundraising events.
- Playgroup and Toy and Resource Library Assistant – assists with preparation; supports facilitator during playgroups.
- Toy and Resource Library Assistant – helps with cleaning toys and library organization and maintenance.
- Children’s Literacy – participates in story time, reading, and craft activities.
- Office Support – helps support administrative activities for events, presentations, meetings and general office duties.
Join our Board of Directors
Are you looking for a rewarding volunteer position with a charitable organization that supports children, youth and families? Since 1976, the Parent Resource Centre (PRC) has helped build confident, resilient families. With a staff team of 12, we provide engaging high-quality, in-person and virtual programs, supportive resources and practical approaches to parents, children, youth and caregivers.
There are now two volunteer opportunities to join our Board of Directors in 2023! The first successful candidate will have board experience, will hold the Chartered Professional Accountant designation or have at least 3 years of work experience in the area of accounting, banking or financial management. The second candidate will have some board experience or an understanding of the non-profit, charitable sector and a keen interest in promoting our organization.
If you are passionate about our mission and vision, share our values and want to provide meaningful input into the oversight of the organization, please apply to join our enthusiastic and diverse Board of Directors. The Board of Directors meets seven times per year and committees meet monthly. Members act as ambassadors for the organization and serve a two-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for a maximum of six consecutive years.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Member with financial expertise will serve on the finance committee and can hold the position of Treasurer in the future.
- All members will review and approve, with the Board, PRC’s policies, annual budget, audit reports and meet all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
- All members will have a strong business acumen, a passion for improving the lives of children, youth and families, a natural affinity for cultivating relationships, and an ability to facilitate and build consensus among diverse individuals.
PRC is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our organization. We actively seek racialized and Indigenous persons, people with disabilities and additional diverse identities to join our team.
If you are eager to share your knowledge, experience and expertise to assist in supporting Ottawa families, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2023 Thank you for your interest in applying to join the Board of Directors and please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.