Would you like to volunteer with the Parent Resource Centre?
Volunteering is a great way to:
- Support a cause that is important to you
- Make an impact in your community
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Advance your career and build your contacts
- Share your expertise
- Learn new skills
The Parent Resource Centre (PRC) is governed by community volunteers with extensive personal and professional experience. Our broad range of staff and volunteer-run services support the social, physical, developmental, and emotional well-being of parents and their children. PRC volunteers are valued for their essential role in serving this vulnerable population and are supported by a small, dedicated staff. The PRC embraces a cooperative model that sees people as having both needs and gifts, and recognizes the benefits of volunteering for personal growth and a sense of purpose.
PRC volunteer opportunities and student placements occur regularly within our programs, at our events, and on our committees. If you are interested in volunteering at PRC, please fill out the Volunteer Application Form (below).
Questions? Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Examples of volunteer roles at PRC:
- Community Engagement Volunteer – helps reach out to the community to inform the public about the work we do.
- Events Volunteer – assists with fundraising events.
- Playgroup and Toy and Resource Library Assistant – assists with preparation; supports facilitator during playgroups.
- Toy and Resource Library Assistant – helps with cleaning toys and library organization and maintenance.
- Children’s Literacy – participates in story time, reading, and craft activities.
- Office Support – helps support administrative activities for events, presentations, meetings and general office duties.