Would you like to volunteer with the Parent Resource Centre?
Volunteering is a great way to:
- Support a cause that is important to you
- Make an impact in your community
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Advance your career and build your contacts
- Share your expertise
- Learn new skills
The Parent Resource Centre (PRC) is governed by community volunteers with extensive personal and professional experience. Our broad range of staff and volunteer-run services support the social, physical, developmental, and emotional well-being of parents and their children. PRC volunteers are valued for their essential role in serving this vulnerable population and are supported by a small, dedicated staff. The PRC embraces a cooperative model that sees people as having both needs and gifts, and recognizes the benefits of volunteering for personal growth and a sense of purpose.
PRC volunteer opportunities and student placements occur regularly within our programs, at our events, and on our committees. If you are interested in volunteering at PRC, please fill out the Volunteer Application Form (below).
Questions? Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Examples of volunteer roles at PRC:
- Community Engagement Volunteer – helps reach out to the community to inform the public about the work we do.
- Events Volunteer – assists with fundraising events.
- Playgroup and Toy and Resource Library Assistant – assists with preparation; supports facilitator during playgroups.
- Toy and Resource Library Assistant – helps with cleaning toys and library organization and maintenance.
- Children’s Literacy – participates in story time, reading, and craft activities.
- Office Support – helps support administrative activities for events, presentations, meetings and general office duties.
Join our Board of Directors
Are you looking for a rewarding volunteer position with a progressive organization that helps children, youth and families?
We are a non-profit charitable organization with an exciting opportunity for two new members to join the Board of Directors and help shape the future of PRC. With a staff team of 14, the Parent Resource Centre (PRC) helps build confident, resilient families. We provide engaging high-quality programs, a wide variety of social services and supportive resources for children, youth, parents, and caregivers.
Our hope is that you have previous board experience, however, we will consider your application if you have a combination of skills and qualities that fit with our Board requirements and the culture of our organization. Sitting members are happy to mentor and support new members to learn about their role. If you excel at building and maintaining relationships, work well in a group setting and have a passion for supporting families, this opportunity is for you!
PRC’s Board members will serve a two-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for a maximum of six consecutive years. The Board of Directors meets seven times per year and committees meet regularly.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Personal qualities of integrity, strong business acumen and a passion for improving the lives of children, youth and families
- Professional experience with leadership, accomplishments in business, child & youth sector, government, philanthropy, or the non-profit sector
- A natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Interest in acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Reviewing and approving PRC’s policies, funding agreements, annual budget, audit reports; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Serving on one or more committees (finance, board policy & development and strategy) as well as and taking on special assignments as required
If you are eager to share your knowledge, experience and expertise to assist in supporting Ottawa families, please email email@example.com by February 4, 2022. Thank you for your interest in applying to join the Board of Directors and please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.