- Recommended screen times for young children – information for parents from Canada’s Paediatricians
- 2000 Words to Grow – include 2000 words an hour in conversation, at playtime, bed time, or anytime, to help children reach their full potential.
Ottawa Area Resources
- Visit Twice Upon a Time – free books for Ottawa kids!
- Visit your local Ottawa Public Library for Storytime with your little one.
- Parenting in Ottawa – designed to make parenting in Ottawa a little bit easier.
- Ottawa Parenting Times Magazine – information, entertainment, and education news for Ottawa parents and their families.
- Read, speak, sing to your baby: How parents can promote literacy from birth – information for parents from Canada’s Paediatricians.
- First Words – Ottawa’s Preschool Speech and Language program, focuses on prevention, early identification and treatment of speech and language problems.
- Book Lists – Scholastic’s book recommendations for children of all ages.
Active Lifestyle Resources
- Physical activity for children – information for parents from Canada’s Paediatricians. To help children develop habits that will last a lifetime, an active, healthy lifestyle must start early in life.
- Canadian 24-Hour Movement Guidelines – the world’s first evidence-based 24-Hour Movement Guidelines for children in their early years.