- Canadian pediatrician’s recommended screen times for young children
- 2000 Words to Grow is focused on creating happy, healthy children and youth in our community. For the next few months, they are focusing on how reducing screen time, and including 2000 words an hour in conversation, at playtime, bed time, or anytime, can help children reach their full potential.
Because we live in Ottawa
- Children and families can visit “Twice Upon a Time” and pick up a book for free.
- Visit your local library for Storytime with your little one.
- Parenting in Ottawa is a new resource for parents created by Ottawa Public Health and its community partners. It was designed to make parenting in Ottawa a little bit easier.
Talk, Sing and Read with your child
- Learn how parents can promote literacy from birth. Information for parents from Canada’s pediatrician
- First Words is Ottawa’s Preschool Speech and Language program, which focuses on prevention, early identification and treatment of speech and language problems.
- Ottawa Parenting Times Magazine is the leading source of information, entertainment, and education news for Ottawa parents and their families.
- Book lists and recommendations for children of all ages.
- To help children develop habits that will last a lifetime, an active, healthy lifestyle must start early in life.
- CSEP Announces new Canadian 24-Hour Movement Guidelines for Children and Youth The world’s first evidence-based guidelines to address the whole day
Play and Learn
- Parenting resources on different topics of child development, Family Resource Program (FRP)
- Articles on child development and parenting topics from "Naître et grandir"
- Learn how your interactions with your baby have a long lasting effect on your baby’s brain development