Ottawa’s Parent Resource Centre is welcoming new members to its Board of Directors!
We are looking for Board candidates with experience in the Early Years, Legal, and Accounting sectors.
Are you looking for a rewarding volunteer position with a charitable organization that supports children, youth and families? Since 1976, the Ottawa Parent Resource Centre (PRC) has helped to build confident, resilient families in Ottawa. We provide engaging high-quality programs, a wide variety of social services and supportive resources for children, youth, parents and caregivers in a welcoming environment.
Skills & Experience
We are seeking individuals from a variety of backgrounds to join our volunteer Board of Directors. The ideal candidate will have board experience, an understanding of the non-profit and charitable sectors, and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships. At present, we are only seeking candidates with experience in legal, accounting (CPA designation is an asset), and the early years sector.
If you are passionate about our mission and vision, share our values and want to provide meaningful input into the oversight of the organization, please apply to join our diverse Board of Directors. The Board of Directors meets seven times per year and committees meet monthly. Members act as ambassadors for the organization and serve a two-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for a maximum of six consecutive years.
Responsibilities: Director, Board of Directors
- Review and approve PRC’s Board policies, annual budget and audit reports.
- Actively participate in Board discussions and work projects; prepare for meetings by reviewing the agenda, reports and resource documents.
- Oversee strategic and organizational planning in alignment with the mission and values of the organization.
- Leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to achieve the organization’s mission.
- Fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for the organization to advance its mission.
- Ensure strong fiduciary oversight and financial management of the organization.
- Evaluate and monitor the organization’s programs and services.
- Select, support and evaluate the performance of the Executive Director.
- Facilitate and build consensus among diverse individuals.
- Directors must commit to the time involved (6-10 hours monthly) and participate in at least one committee.
- Directors will have a strong business acumen, a passion for improving the lives of children, youth and families.
If you are eager to share your knowledge, experience and expertise to assist in supporting Ottawa families, please send a one-page cover letter outlining your interest and how your skills and experience will support the work of the PRC, along with your resume to email@example.com.
PRC is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our organization. We actively seek racialized and Indigenous persons, people with disabilities and diverse individuals to join our team.
PRC will be reviewing applications as they arrive and the posting will remain active until we find the most suitable candidates.
Thank you for your interest in applying to join the Board of Directors of the Ottawa Parent Resource Centre. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.